Saturday, August 26, 2006

Curse You, Happy Little Bell Sound

I guess it's a little bit sadistic, but the main reason I love to watch the Suze Orman show on Saturdays is the fact that she yells at people. I would love to yell at people. I probably could get away with it once in awhile. But what is so very entrepreneurial about it is that she has figured out how to get paid unhealthy sums of money for yelling at people.

This whole personal finance thing is kind of overwhelming. I'm the first to admit I have no idea what I'm doing, at all. But I think I'm making progress toward...something.

My new endeavor is to follow Flexo's lead by entering all of my transactions into Quicken. So, having enthusiastically forked over fifty big ones for this perplexing maze of a financial guide, I am now met with a rather big roadblock. The program tracks your spending and savings accounts, while I, as a waitress, deal with cash. Crap.

I do like some things about it. It tracks your spending each month to tell you where you are putting most of your money...helpful for me. It does have a calendar for paying bills, which of course is only half the battle. (I know when they're due...it's actually writing and mailing the check that I can't seem to master.) And my favorite feature is that it has a twinkling little bell sound when you open the program, reminding you how flippant and cute life is -- right before the screen pops up and you are met with the depressing fact that your net worth, your entire value to the world, is in the negative. God bless computer programming. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home