Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I Have Value to the World! Wahoo!!!

Amazingly, according to Quicken, I now have a net worth of $79.01!!! I am so thrilled. Of course, this is taking into account the idea that if I died and someone sold my car, they would be able to pay off the rest of my debt with my checking account balance and the proceeds from my car. That's only vaguely heartening, and anyway my net worth will probably dip back into the negative here in the next week when I pay rent and all that. But still, for a brief moment, I am basking in the wonderful knowledge that I have value.

One of the good aspects to all of this is that I have gotten a hold on my debt a lot sooner than most people. I put a stop to the increasing balances months ago and have been paying steadily on them. I was shocked to hear people at work (in their mid-20s!) telling me about their $20,000+ debts. At the worst, mine probably topped out at $3,000 and I have since paid quite a bit of that down. (Not including student loans, but I don't really count those at this point, since I'm still in college.)

I am planning on posting a lot more about my finances on this blog, but I would like to first get more of an idea what I'm doing with Quicken, and more of a relative idea of where I stand financially and where I'm going.

In the meantime, I have to figure out how to get a baby spoon out of my garbage disposal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home