Saturday, September 02, 2006

August Finances

Well, it's now September so I braved the Quicken reports to recap what I spent in August, and it wasn't pretty. In fact, I'm not sure how I spent so much -- it was WAY more than I brought in for the month. I spent a lot of my savings paying for crap that my ex still owes me for. I swear, if I have learned one thing in all of this, it is that I don't trust anyone else with my money. Absolutely no one. I know that I'm not perfect at managing it yet, but the main difference is that I have a vested interest in where it goes, what happens to my credit score, and the benefits of my saving it. Everyone I've trusted to help me with money, or whom I've helped with money, has abused that trust. My parents, well-intentioned though they may be, are absolutely clueless about money. I can't believe how much money they have lost for me in the past few years, and even worse, for themselves. My ex, who seemed so good with money when I met him, has turned both his and my finances into a rat's nest. So at this point, although I am still new to the idea of PF, I do know the most important thing, and that is trust no one. No one else will ever care more about my money than I do.

1 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Blogger savingadvice said...

A difficult lesson to learn, but an important one. When push comes to shove, you are the one that is responsible for your finances and once you are willing to take on that responsibility, you have taken a ginat step in the right direction.

personal finance advice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home